Since its six-market launch in November, SONIC Hard Seltzer has received an incredible response from media, brand fans, and consumers alike. With the fan-favorite hard seltzer making its way into 21 additional new states across the country, Sharp had the opportunity to build on that excitement and produce even stronger traction with the media.
The team drafted a press release to go live on the wire and geared up pitch materials and media lists to engage key outlets among business, broadcast, trade, regional, and lifestyle targets. With the products now available in over half the country, the team saw a large opportunity to hone in on regional media for print, online, and broadcast media.
In less than 2 weeks, Sharp secured 103 total placements and over 60M total impressions. Broken down, 92 placements and 40.9M impressions came from regional sources while 11 placements and 19.2M impressions were national. Exciting momentum for this quickly expanding brand!
Some of these notable placements include:
- Arizona's Family “SONIC Hard Seltzer expands to more markets, including Arizona”
- KCNC-TV (Denver, CO) “CBS4 Morning News-6AM”
- The Denver Post “Sonic Hard Seltzer is coming to Colorado with nostalgic flavors like Cherry Limeade and Ocean Water”
- Thrillist “Sonic's Hard Seltzer Is Now Available Across Almost Half the Country”
- Vine Pair “Sonic Hard Seltzer Now Available in Nearly Half the United States”
- Mashed “Sonic's Hard Seltzer Is Now Available In 28 States”