The dual presentations of Chihuly in the Desert at Desert Botanical Garden and Taliesin West created a major exhibition news moment for the renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Working closely with both Chihuly Studio and the host venues, Sharp’s PR campaign highlighted three key messages: the new works on view for the first time in these exhibitions, underscoring Chihuly’s ongoing and innovative artistic practice; the historic partnership between Dale Chihuly and the architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic building, emphasizing the artist’s specialty in site-specific installations; and the key timing of these outdoor sculptural presentations in providing a safe yet extraordinary and engaging experience for visitors.
Our efforts resulted in nearly 300 million secured impressions from coverage across art, luxury lifestyle, travel, and general interest media. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- T: The New York Times Style Magazine “The T List: Five Things We Recommend This Week”
- PBS Newshour “Glass artist Dale Chihuly’s exhibit takes inspiration from Arizona’s desert landscape”
- Forbes “Dale Chihuly Installs New Work At Desert Botanical Garden And Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West”
- AFAR “Chihuly Returns to the Desert—and for the First Time at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Iconic Taliesin Home in Arizona”
- Travel + Leisure “This New, Instagrammable Exhibit in the Arizona Desert Features Gorgeous, Glass-blown Structures”
- Forbes “Holiday With The Arts In America’s 10 Largest Cities”
Image: Dale Chihuly
Red Reeds and Niijima Floats, 2021
Taliesin West, Scottsdale, Arizona
© 2021 Chihuly Studio. All rights reserved.
Photo by Nathaniel Willson