1stDibs’s art segment now spans canvas to crypto.
That is, the marketplace has launched an NFT platform, responding to the rapidly growing interest in digital artwork. The NFT platform is based on an auction model, which complements 1stDibs’ core “buy now” ecommerce experience.
Sharp launched the news to the media, emphasizing several of the platform’s differentiators--its highly curated inventory, technology driven approach (native blockchain, which includes minting and an on-chain marketplace), and community building through content creation (the site publishes original content in collaboration with the creators, allowing them to tell the stories of their collections and their artistic visions).
The team’s proactive pitching blitz yielded a feature story in Barron’s--1stDibs Launches a Nonfungible Token Platform--as well as additional coverage in art, design, technology, and NFT industry. Some of the standout stories:
- Architectural Digest, 1stdibs Ventures Into the NFT Market
- ArtDaily 1stDibs launches NFT platform, introducing auctions featuring group and solo exhibitions”
- Business of Home, Why 1stDibs is betting on digital art
- Cryptelicious, 1stdibs Ventures Into the NFT Market, Nanimarquina Unveils Contract Division, and More News
- PYMNTS, 1stDibs Rolls Out NFT Platform
- SURFACE, Equinox Locations Sued for Not Paying Rent, and Other News
- Tech Startups, 1stDibs Enters the NFT Space
- The Architect’s Newspaper, 1stDibs starts selling NFTs