With most physical events canceled or postponed, 1stdibs launched its first-ever virtual designer showhouse this summer, featuring the creative visions of today's leading designers in a fresh approach to the traditional showhouse model. The company partnered with 10 designers, who each selected an iconic room they’ve always loved and reinterpreted it with a unique personal viewpoint and new furnishings.
Room selections included the grand salon in Yves Saint Laurent’s Paris apartment and the Forum Baths in Pompeii circa 79 BCE -- the designers took full advantage of the creative showhouse prompt, producing stunning illustrations of their reimagined spaces. The rooms and each designer’s specific approach were revealed on 1stdibs.com, along with a curated page where the looks could be shopped.
Sharp leveraged original quotes from each designer on their specific concept and worked quickly to secure top tier coverage at launch - generating 13 million impressions across shelter and design trade publications.
Here are a few of our favorite placements:
- AD Pro "10 Designers Imagine How They Would Redecorate Famous Interiors”
- Domino “The Best Design Tips From the First-Ever 1stdibs Virtual Show House”
- Hunker “In 1stdibs' First Virtual Showhouse, Designers Recreate Famous Rooms From History”
- Interior Design “Designers Reimagine Iconic Spaces for 1stdibs' Virtual Showhouse”
- Lonny "Is This The Future Of The Designer Showhouse?"
- Veranda “1stDibs’ First-Ever Virtual Designer Show House Reimagines The World’s Most Iconic Spaces”