Sharp was honored to be named a finalist for 2017 Small Agency of the Year in PRNews’ Platinum Awards, celebrated in New York City last week. The accolade builds on a period of consistent growth for the agency and was highlighted by key milestones:
- Sharp Florida opened in West Palm Beach in February of 2017, as we recognized the growing strength of the regional market and significance in categories relevant to our work – architecture and design, arts and culture, wellness and luxury lifestyle. Previously an Account Director in Sharp NYC, Nicole Janok returned to the agency (and to her home state) to lead the regional office, growing to a team of five in just the first year.
- Sharp named a new president in September of 2017: Laura Mortensen. Laura’s tenure at Sharp began in 2011 when she was recruited to build the agency’s social media practice. With a strong background in digital, Laura’s appointment signals the growing importance of integrated solutions for Sharp clients. Sharp founder, Jim Brodsky, transitioned his role to CEO, as he focused on leading the continued growth of the agency.
- 2017 also marked a year of significant growth for the agency, with the expansion of services for long-standing clients alongside the addition of exciting new brands to the Sharp client portfolio, including: Related Companies, Restoration Hardware, Lyft NYC, 1stdibs, and more.
In addition the Small Agency of the Year accolade, Sharp was also named finalist in two additional categories:
- Trade Show / Event PR: Sharp’s work on behalf of the venerable Kips Bay Decorator’s Show House‘s inaugural foray into the Palm Beach market was recognized as best-in-class.
- Product Launch: In partnership with the team at Benjamin Moore, Sharp was recognized for the strategy and execution of the brand’s most significant product launch of the decade: CENTURY by Benjamin Moore.